Our Clinical Counselor provides mental health counselling to children and youth in a nurturing and positive environment. While the goals for each client will vary depending on individual and family needs, most often the goals of therapy will aim to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression, developing a healthy sense of self awareness and self-regulation, goal setting for the future and developing lifelong skills for managing mental health.
Our counselor has experience working with children of all abilities. This includes, but is not limited to, children diagnosed with:
- Cognitive Behaviour therapy – positive thinking, changing patterns, decrease symptoms of anxiety, goal development
- Attachment – building and strengthening relationships, emotional regulation, self-awareness, sense of safety, social interactions
- Mindfulness – self-awareness, self-regulation, acceptance, being in the present moment, decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Play Therapy – emotional experiences, self-guided, self-healing, acceptance of self & others, self-awareness & understanding
- Trauma Informed – attachment; brain development; survival instincts; mending physical, psychological and emotional safety, multicultural
Sometimes it can feel like kids need encouragement to get outside and get movin’. It can be even harder to make this something they love and will strive to incorporate into their every day life. But if we can get those little ones into a routine that includes physical activity and outdoor activities, we might just set up a healthy routine that will be for life!Read Post
Got Questions? We Would Love to Hear From You!